It has long been known that Cypher is one of the first line agents for buffs, and Fade the first for nerfs. So that’s exactly something that will happen in the upcoming 5.10 patch which drops around November 15th.
The current PBE update has turned out to be surprisingly good for the Valorant communityas Riot decided to test some of the game’s most anticipated changes. Although The room was not touched and will likely continue to reign supreme in terms of being the best Sentinel Agent Choose, Cypher finally got some love (although he will most likely die in the next cutscene anyway). Without further ado, let’s take a look at what Riot has prepared in patch 5.10 on the PBE Server.
Valorant Patch 5.10 PBE: Quick Summary
For those who don’t want to read all the patch notes, we prepared a small “TLDR”:
- Cypher received very nice Trapwire and Neural Theft buffs, as well as some quality of life changes. We believe that the most significant change regarding Cypher is that now, Agent abilities will not be able to destroy his traps. While he’s still not the best agent in the metagame, choosing him surely won’t be as tragic as before.
- Fade’s Prowler ability nerfed to ground. Although it should still be playable Initiator pick, Fade will probably not be as “unstoppable” as before. Even though we know how strong she was, those nerves seem a little too hard.
- On top of that, we only got a few bug fixes and a small menu change. Nothing big, really.
Valorant Patch 5.10 PBE Notes: All Changes
After hearing the pain of removing one-click access to most of our menus, we’ve reinstated this functionality in the form of icon buttons in the universal navigation at the top of the screen. You will now be able to switch between Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Store with just one click, wherever you are. Not sure which icon is what? Give them a hover – we’ve added tooltips to help you get started.
- Trapwire max length increased from 1000 >>> 1500
- Neural Theft now reveals enemies twice. There is a four-second delay between revelations
- Time restriction for casting on enemy corpses has been removed
- Maximum cast distance increased from 1200 >>> 1800
Quality of life
- Updated yellow silhouette used for Cypher reveal on Spycam and Neural Theft
- The yellow silhouette now disappears if the revealed enemy becomes visible to help reduce the confusion of seeing two representations of the enemy in different locations
- The yellow silhouette now begins to fade and fades faster to make it more distinct from an actual enemy
- Cypher’s placed utility is no longer destroyed by AOE damage from allies
- Duration reduced from 3 >>> 2.5 seconds. (As long as the ranger is alive without a trail)
- Bite delay after hitting target increased from 0.4 >>> 0.6 seconds
- Hitbox improvements
- Close vision duration on hit reduced from 3.5 >>> 2.75 seconds
- Stalkers now turn off and no longer debuff instead of debuffing their target if they teleport before it completes its animation
The best valiant women’s teams
See the gallery
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes appear under the map
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap would shorten when aiming up or down even though the Cascade was traveling the same distance
- Fixed a bug where the Harbor Cascade targeter on the minimap was slightly shorter than the actual distance it would travel
- Fixed a bug where Astra could launch a fake nebula right at the start of a turn before her star charged
- Button highlighting/coloring state inconsistencies on new universal navigation buttons for Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Shop
- Selected universal navigation icons do not navigate to the selected menu when used from a sub-navigation menu
And that’s it for all the changes we can currently test on Valorant’s PBE server. Note that this is PBE only, and some changes may end up in a slightly different form in the overall version of the game. If you have any thoughts on all of these changes, be sure to join our discord server and share them with us!
#Valorant #Patch #Buff #Cypher #Nerf #Fade #EarlyGame