After last week saw almost every game on the Japanese charts being a new release, things seem to have stabilized a bit more in software sales this week.
It’s no surprise that Splatoon 3 continues to ink its name in the number one spot, but this week also sees the debut of Harvestella and Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom in second and third place respectfully. It was a particularly strong performance from Square Enix’s new farm sim, which saw 26,644 units sold in the week.
The first full week of November once again turned into a good week for Nintendo as a whole. Only Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II has been retired for PlayStation since last week, with the remaining nine spots all taken up by games on the Switch of Bayonetta 3 and Persona 5 Royal still selling well in fourth and fifth at Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits continues to hold in tenth.
Here’s the full recap of this week’s software charts:
- [NSW] Splaton 3 (Nintendo, 9/9/22) – 51,715 (3,287,416)
- [NSW] Harvestelle (Square Enix, 11/4/22) – 26,644 (New)
- [NSW] Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom (Bandai Namco, 11/2/22) – 11,278 (New)
- [NSW] Bayonet 3 (Nintendo, 10/28/22) – 10,103 (51,388)
- [NSW] Persona 5 Royal (ATLUS, 10/21/22) – 7,791 (65,829)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline (Square Enix, 9/15/22) – 7,781 (218,732)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 6/21/18) – 7,602 (2,840,716)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 4/28/17) – 7,501 (4,891,234)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, 10/28/22) – 7,351 (31,722)
- [NSW] Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits (Bandai Namco, 10/27/22) – 6,854 (30,151)
As for hardware graphics, we’re back on solid ground this week. In case you missed it, last week the PlayStation 5 took the top spot as the best-selling console of the previous seven days – marking the first time it had overtaken the Switch in as long as we remember. let’s remember. The story couldn’t be more different this week, as the Switch OLED boasts huge sales of 74,895 units compared to the third-placed PS5’s 12,014.
The Switch comes in second place this time, while the Switch Lite manages to come back from last week’s sub-1000 performance to sell 1,714 units and reclaim its place in the top half of the charts.
Here are the hardware graphics of the week in all its OLED glory:
- Switch OLED Model – 74,895 (2,923,063)
- Switch – 13,869 (18,824,546)
- PlayStation 5 – 12,014 (1,796,038)
- Xbox series [2,878 articles]”> Xbox Series S – 2,663 (211,778)
- Switch Lite – 1,714 (4,905,047)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 1,260 (283,885)
- Xbox Series X – 450 (167,006)
- PlayStation 4 – 257 (7,820,200)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 31 (1,189,119)
< Last week's charts
We’re fast approaching the November 18 release of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet which we think will shake up the rankings a bit. If the OLED can show numbers like this before they’re released, we could have a big week indeed.
As always, let us know what you think of the latest Japanese rankings in the comments!
#Japanese #charts #Harvestella #blooms #place #huge #week #OLED #sales