* With victory over Iowa, Ohio State Ryan Day improved to 41-4 overall. The Buckeyes are 27-1 against Big Ten teams in the regular season under Day. They also had victories over Northwestern and Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship game.
* Daytime Ohio State teams have scored 30 or more points 37 times in 45 games as a head coach. Ohio State is 37-0 in those games. His teams are 4-4 in games when scoring less than 30 points.
* Ohio State has scored 20 or more points in 68 consecutive games — current — to rank second in FBS history.
Oklahoma holds the record with 69 consecutive games of 20 or more points from 2016-21. USC did it in 63 straight games from 2002-06.
* In four years under Ryan Day, Ohio State is 14-4 against the AP’s top 25 opponents. By season, these include:
2018 (1-0) – Defeated No. 15 TCU 40-28 (Day was OSU’s interim head coach)
2019 (5-1) – Defeated #25 Michigan State 34-10, #13 Wisconsin 38-7, #9 Penn State 28-17, #10 Michigan 56-27 and #10 Wisconsin 34-21; lost to No. 3 Clemson 29-23.
2020 (4-1) – Defeated No. 18 Penn State 38-25, No. 9 Indiana 42-35, No. 15 Northwestern 22-10 and No. 2 Clemson 49-28; lost to No. 1 Alabama 52-24.
2021 (3-2) – Lost to No. 12 Oregon 35-28; defeated No. 20 Penn State 33-24; defeated No. 7 Michigan State 56-7; lost to No, 6 Michigan 42-27; defeated No. 10 Utah 48-45.
2022 (1-0) – Defeated No. 5 Notre Dame 21-10.
* Records against ranked opponents: when Ohio State is ranked in the top 10, 407-89-9; when Ohio State is ranked against its opponents, 540-149-14; when both teams are ranked, 151-94-10; when the opponent is ranked in the top 10, 89-59-8; when the opponent is ranked against Ohio State, 160-129-12.
* Ohio State is 38-9 against the AP’s top 25 teams over the past 10 seasons (since 2012).
*Penn State Coach james franklin is 10-21 against ranked teams in his ninth season as head coach of the Nittany Lions. That includes a 1-9 mark against the top five teams. PSU have lost their last seven games to the top five sides, dating to a 2016 home win against the then No.1. 2 State of Ohio.
This will be PSU’s second game against a ranked team this season, after a loss at the time. 5 Michigan on Oct. 15 (41-17).
* Ohio State and Tennessee are the only teams averaging over 300 passing yards and over 200 rushing yards.
* Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud is the nation’s highest-rated passer in touchdowns (28), passing efficiency (203.9), points responsible for (168) and points resp. per game (24.0). He is also second in yards per attempt (10.65) and third in yards per competition. (15.21). Stroud completes 70% of his passes and he has thrown at least one TD pass in 19 straight games. Stroud is the first Big Ten QB to have three games with six TD assists.
With four touchdown passes against Iowa, Stroud is second on OSU’s career touchdown pass list with 72. Only JT Barrette, who threw a Big Ten record 104 touchdown passes, threw for more at OSU. Three more TD assists will put Stroud in the all-time top five among Big Ten QBs.
During his career, Stroud threw for 6,458 yards. He is fourth on OSU’s career passing distance list. He trails Barrett (9,434 yards), Art Schlichter (7,547) and Bobby Hoying (7,232).
* Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr. is the first Buckeye to have three or three touchdown games in his career. And he’s done it in his first eight starts.
He was tied with Joey Galloway with two apiece before his hat-trick against Michigan State. Harrison Jr.’s other three-touchdown games came against Utah in the Rose Bowl and against Arkansas State.
Harrison is No. 2 nationally in touchdown catches with 10. His teammate Emeka Egbuka is seventh nationally with seven TD catches.
* Ohio State has three players tied to Pennsylvania in WR Julien Fleming (Catawissa Southern Columbia) and QB Kyle McCord and Marvin Harrison Jr. (both attended the preparation of Philadelphia St. Joseph). McCord currently lives in Mount Laurel, NJ
* Penn State has six players from Ohio, including OL Scruggs Juice (Ashtabula, attended Erie, PA, Cathedral Prep), starting QB Sean Clifford (Cincinnati St. Xavier) and replacement QB Drew Allar (Medina).
* Ohio State will play its third straight game at noon EST when it visits Northwestern on Nov. 5. The start time and televised assignment for OSU’s next home game against Indiana on Nov. 12 could be announced Monday.
#Game #data #Buckeyes #face #critical #Big #Ten #road #test #Penn #State