The No. 23 Florida State Seminoles football will face the No. 22 Wake Forest Demon Deacons this Saturday at 3:30 p.m. inside Doak Campbell Stadium. It’s only the second time in series history that the two teams have entered the ranked game — the first of three consecutive ranked games (No. 10 NC State, No. 5 Clemson) the Seminoles will face.
The game was briefly called into question earlier in the week due to Hurricane Ian, but the models and projections helped reassure the ACC and the State of Florida that holding the game was no only viable, but safe.
On Thursday, athletic director Michael Alford released a statement again emphasizing that the game is good to go as planned, in addition to announcing that all Florida residents will be able to claim up to four free tickets to the content.
“Our thoughts and prayers at this time are with everyone affected by Hurricane Ian. We held another operational briefing today and have been in regular communication with the Atlantic Coast Conference and the administration. of Wake Forest At this time, there are no changes to the hosting plans for Saturday’s football match with the existing kick-off time of 3.30pm.
We are offering tickets to Saturday’s football game to Floridians displaced by Hurricane Ian. Floridians can claim up to four tickets courtesy of Florida State Athletics by showing their Florida State ID card at the Dick Howser Ticket Office (Baseball Stadium) on Saturdays beginning at 11:30 a.m.
Florida State vs. Wake Forest Game Ratings
- No. 23 Florida State hosts No. 22 Wake Forest on Saturday afternoon as the teams meet as ranked opponents for only the second time in series history.
- The Seminoles are 9-3 in their last 12 games, including a 6-2 record in their last eight ACC games.
- FSU is 4-0 to start the season and 2-0 in the ACC, both for the first time since 2015, and is the second program in ACC history to start a 4-0 season a year later. have started at least 0-4. Virginia started 1983 4-0 after an 0-5 start in 1982.
- Florida State is one of two programs nationally with three wins over P5 opponents in 2022.
- The Seminoles are Florida State’s only undefeated team. This is the 10th season since 1993 that FSU was the last undefeated team in the state, the most among all Florida schools.
- FSU leads the ACC in total offense, rushing offense and passing yards per completion. His average of 15.4 yards per completion is 7th in the nation, while his 226.8 rushing yards per game ranks 13th and his 503.8 total rushing yards per game ranks 15th nationally.
- The Seminoles are allowing an average of 1.25 sacks per game, 2nd lowest in the ACC, and have not allowed a sack in two of their four games this season. Florida State has 14 games without a sack over the past 10 years, including two each in 2021 and 2022, and four games in a season is the least needed to reach multiple games without a sack in that span.
- Florida State’s defense ranks 1st in the ACC and 16th in the nation in pass defense, holding opponents to an average of 165.8 yards per game through the air. FSU also ranks 3rd in the ACC and 28th nationally in allowing an average of 310.5 total yards of offense per game and 3rd in the ACC with a 31.2 allowed 3rd down conversion percentage and with four fumble recoveries.
- The Seminoles are 2nd in the ACC in kickoff returns, kickoff return defense and blocked kicks. FSU’s average of 30.8 yards per kickoff return, highlighted by Trey Benson’s 93-yard touchdown return on the opening kickoff against Boston College, is 7th in the nation, as did FSU’s two blocked kicks. The average of 14.8 yards allowed per kickoff return is 13th best nationally. FSU’s two blocks came in the 24-23 win over LSU, which was the third game with multiple blocks under head coach Mike Norvell.
- Florida State has scored on seven of its first eight drives in a half this season, with six touchdowns on those seven scoring drives. FSU scored touchdowns in its first practice of both halves against Duquesne, at Louisville and against Boston College and also scored a field goal to open the second half against LSU.
#FSU #offers #free #tickets #Florida #residents