Aaron Carter revealed before his death that he did not want his memoirs published

Aaron Carter revealed before his death that he did not want his memoirs published

Aaron Carter tried to block his publisher from publishing his controversial memoir before his tragic death, his reps told Page Six exclusively.

“Aaron, in the midst of [working on the book], said, ‘I don’t want anything to do with this’ and stopped, so the fact that the editor says it’s the green light, it’s not,” says his press secretary . “It’s against Aaron’s wishes.”

Last week, a few excerpts from the “unauthorized” memoir, titled “Aaron Carter: An Incomplete Story of an Incomplete Life,” were published posthumously.

In part of the book, Carter reveals that he once spent the night at Michael Jackson’s house and allegedly found the pop icon at the foot of his bed in “tight underwear.”

The ‘I Want Candy’ singer also writes about his romance with Hilary Duff and claims he took the ‘Lizzie McGuire’ star’s virginity when she was around 13.

Duff, 35, slammed the ‘disgusting’ memoir, saying in a statement on Thursday: ‘It’s truly sad that less than a week after Aaron’s death there is a publisher who seems to be recklessly pushing a book for capitalize on this tragedy without taking appropriate action. time or care to verify the validity of his work.

“To dilute Aaron’s life story to what appears to be unverified click bait for profit is disgusting.”

The Lizzie McGuire movie after-premiere

Duff and Carter, who died Nov. 5, dated from 2000 to 2003.

WireImage

Hollywood premiere of Lizzie McGuire's film

Duff and Carter, who died Nov. 5, dated from 2000 to 2003.

Getty Images

Next

The former president, 76, and his 29-year-old daughter walked arm in arm…

Carter’s management team and publicists tell Page Six they’d like to thank the “How I Met Your Father” star for his remarks.

“In the few days since the passing of our dear friends, we have tried to grieve and process while simultaneously having to deal with disrespectful and unauthorized releases, including a blacklisted titled album, a single titled “Lately” and now a book,” Taylor Helgeson, of Big Umbrella Management, adds.

“This is a time of mourning and reflection, not heartless cash grabbing and attention seeking. We ask responsible parties to remove the aforementioned content and that no further content be posted without approval of his family, friends and associates.

However, Andy Symonds, the publisher behind the book, stands by his decision, telling Page Six that Carter “hired” him to “help him tell his story to the world.”

A photo of Aaron Carter holding a finger to his mouth.
Writer Andy Symonds claims Carter “hired” him to “tell the world” his story.
Getty Images for WE tv

“This story, though tragically cut short, was filled with good and bad,” he says. “His life was far from pretty, and it’s understandable that some people in the public eye don’t want some of the stories Aaron told in his book to come to light. That doesn’t make them any less true or newsworthy.

The author concludes: “Aaron had the right, like all of us, to tell his story. As a journalist, I’m honored that he chose me to help him do this. Besides being cathartic for him, Aaron hoped this book would help others struggling with addiction and mental illness. I hope and believe that he will.

When asked if Carter had at any time expressed a desire not to publish the book again, Symonds did not comment further.

Carter was found dead in the bathtub of his California home at age 34 on November 5.

A police report reportedly described the “How I Beat Shaq” rapper’s body was found surrounded by several cans of compressed air and bottles of prescription pills.

An official cause of death has yet to be released pending toxicology results.

#Aaron #Carter #revealed #death #memoirs #published

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *